Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Rants and rambles.

There isn't much for me to say tonight. I was thinking back to my last trip abroad tonight after talking with a co-worker about her experiences. We only spoke briefly, but we hit the usual topics of what we did, what we studied, host families, and how we learned to cope with the differences and the things beyond our control. It makes me pause and think about the emotions and possible events that lie ahead for me again. I'm becoming so anxious to return and see what happens this time around. This time too there isn't that necessity to return to what I've left behind... this time, I get to keep going forward. My other thought tonight was in regards to the Olympics. While I've never been an avid follower of the Olympics, I do have distinct memories of watching the Games throughout my life... and it amazes me, as it seems that there is little else, in a societal sense, that is so prevalent throughout our lives... (I also can't think of anything else this late, though I'm guessing there's a lot more than my tired mind can think of tonight.) So I've really said nothing tonight, but it's been amusing to me at least.

No comments: