Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The best Valentine's Day ever!

I had completely forgotten it was V-Day until about the third time it came up in a conversation with Nathan while we were out mattress shopping today. It finally clicked when we were talking about Leanne, and I was the idiot who finally asked if it was ok with her for us to be out mattress shopping on this of all days!

It was later in the evening, as Kevin and I were finishing up dinner that I realised that his mention of the V-Day Prom Karaoke at the Milky Way was in reference to Valentine's Day rather than Victory Day (which is still a few months -both of them- away). It's a side effect of having moved across the country and then not having to work for the last week-ish, that I can remember the day but not the date!

So we dressed up a little, went down the street to meet the others, and then headed out for Jamaica Plains for quite the interesting night! This group really gets into their karaoke! I'll be seriously inspired once I get over my shyness. We danced, we sang, we were part of the small minority dressed up, and we made fun of the one truly obnoxiously bad guy, and we raved over the great twentieth century invention of karaoke and it's accessibility to all walks of life! I wish I would quite forgetting my camera!

Quite honestly, the best Valentine's Day ever!

No comments: