Thursday, September 11, 2008

Comment of the day:

I am officially a Mass-hole.


The new (very expensive!) license arrived today. It's still a little traumatic for me, even though I've had a week since I went in to get it and about two since I actively began the process.

If I hadn't lost my voter registration in Iowa, I probably wouldn't have bothered yet. Plus I still had another year left on my IA license and since I rarely drive, I figured I couldn't get into too much trouble -- though I'm hesitant to how much I actually believe that.

Plus it's weird out here -- they make you take your glasses off for the photo. But I always wear my glasses, so it seems a bit pointless. [side note, that's some serious html code just to italicize something!]

But the long and the short... I am now a lost Iowan soul. I can't bear to say I'm no longer an Iowan, because it's just not true. I won't ever get all the dirt out of my blood or from under my fingernails, so I will always be an Iowan even if there isn't any level of government that will acknowledge it.

3 comments:

sarah said...

i know how you feel, to a certain degree. it's like that one tie you have that attatches you there, even if you aren't actually anymore. once an iowan, always an iowan. :)

pheebee said...

ditto for the wisc! It took me well over a year to get an Illini license. And it's even more sad now, because my vote is going to be so wasted in the very state that Mr. Fantastical Obama comes from -- and my former state was a psuedo-contested state. (Although I think McPalin have officially given up). All that to say, it IS sad when you have to officially join a state. But home is all home ever has to be. ;)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!