Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Mardi Gras and Snowfights in Metz.

So we had Mardi Gras last night and it went well. Shannon came to visit on Monday and Tuesday. We didn't much more than go grocery shopping (I totally utilised free slave labor when it was around! I hate carrying those heavy little bags up En Jurue on my own!) and Tuesday was dedicated mostly to making the jambalaya. The rice didn't cooked for as long as it really needed to have and Jennifer's toaster oven and I disagree on what symbol means "cook with heat from the bottom coil". But all in all, it was fun and everyone assured me that it tasted great and they enjoyed it. Even sans frosting on the King Cake and the cruchy top! Besides which, my Louisiana experts, Bobby and Louise, told me it tasted great! (And Sarah, I've totally had requests for the recipe- which I credit to you, regardless!)

As for snowfights, we went ice skating at the patinoire on Saturday night-- loads of fun! Black-out ice skating in a completely middle-school skating rink atmosphere! After we left to walk home, we had to go around the back of the building to where the Zambonny (SP????) dumped the ice scrapings, so we fell into an instantaneous snowfight! There might not be real snow in Metz, but we can still have a snow ball fight!!

February vacation starts this Saturday for me!!!! Only ten more hours of classes to teach before two weeks of grad school searching (and the dreaded GRE prep book) and Prague planning!

No comments: