Friday, February 18, 2005

Procrastination on a Friday night.

The point of being in the lab on a Friday night was to continue diligently with my grad school research; however, I have instead reverted to old Cornell practices and been procrastinating my time. All of this being done mostly by fidgeting with my blog, ie: changing up the title, playing around with the template and updating the peoples lists. Given that it is a Friday night, one might think I would have something better to do than hang out in the lab, but given the social butterfly I am not, I'm pretty content for the moment. Also, it's Metz. I also might have had a point with this particular posting, but I'm really doubting it at the moment. I suppose I could post about visiting Saarbrucken on Wednesday but I don't have the photos loaded on my computer yet, so that feels a bit pointless.

Given that I keep mentioning that this was the year I was suppose to find some direction for my immediate future, besides winning the lottery and traveling for the rest of my life, I have found the researching of grad schools to be an interesting process. And how in the world did the rest of you manage to look for grad schools, make decisions and apply all while going through senior year of university?? I suppose I am limited by having only partial access to the Internet here but honestly, it's taking me so much time and coordination to get and keep this ball rolling. I also suppose it doesn't help that I haven't much of an idea where I want to go, as I'd be happy as long as it's a good program and I can get a job afterwards to pay for all this education.

This blog was suppose to encourage me to write more and perhaps prompt me to try and improve my writing-- I think in actuality my writing is becoming more sporatic. I'm also being self-conscious as Derek has found my blog and on the off-chance that the former editor of the Cornellian might feel a need to read my blog I've had to reflect on the whole situation. Oh well, the other function of my blog is simply to be a place to post my photos so people can see them if they chose.

In other news, it's apparently been snowing all over France but here in Metz. What a bizarre little corner of the country I live in. The news though is that it's suppose to snow this weekend and get even colder next week. I guarantee you that it will be beautiful, warm and sunny again starting on February 28- just as we go back to work. And if you remember preschool rhymes, that's not going to be a good thing because it means that March will come in like a lamb and go out like a lion. As long as the spring isn't miserable and it's nice enough at the end of April, I'll be ok. It's hard to believe that I only have six more weeks of work. This year has flown by... .

And on that note, I think I'll end my rambling thoughts and go back to grad school hunting. Watch the spanish film "Talk to Her." It's really worth it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aHEM what are Sarah and I, NOT former editors of the Cornellian? :-D

Don't inflate his ego further by pretending he's some sort of literary critic. I adore your blog. It gives me a glimpse into your exciting traveling.

Anonymous said...

Apologies to Laura and Sarah, they are by far the best former editors of the Cornellian. A gross oversight on my part. :D

And what traveling??? I go all of an hour away from Metz mostly. If I'm lucky I'm going to Colmar and Kaiserbourg this weekend-- about an hour and a half away by train! Big traveller that I am...

pheebee said...

Let the record show, that I figured out which schools to apply to by doing it during my block off. Ahhh, wasn't the OCAAT system grand? Can I go through law school that way? Oh, and I was able to do it because I wasn't busy frolicking about in Europe, thankyouverymuch. :)