Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Boundless giddiness!

Le 26 février 2005.

Kim called today! It was a completely unexpected phone call as I didn’t know when she would return from Morocco or when she would have time to phone back in response to my call earlier this week. She had fifty minutes left on her phone card and we completely used it all up. It’s so amazing what talking with a good friend does for you. Even fifty minutes wasn’t enough, but for now it will have to do. We had so much to talk about as we realized that we hadn’t talked much recently. The best news is that we were able to find a weekend in March when I can go visit her. It’s definitely easier for me to get down there because I have every other Thursday afternoon and Friday combo off from week, giving me a longer weekend to get down there. I’m so excited to see where she is located and visit all her favorite spots in Geneva. It’s going to be so cool to see this important European city too! It’ll be my first time in Switzerland too, so a lovely time to go. We’re hoping to go to one of her tango milangas (sp?) so I can see this important part of her life. I haven’t gotten to see her since our return to Paris in September, so I’m completely excited and this will make the next three weeks pass quickly I know! She had also heard from Violet and said that she was doing well. It’s so good to catch up on people. I informed her that Angela G. had gotten engaged to the Hotness and this summer will become known as Madame Hotness. Though we don’t know if Norbert knows or not that Angela is engaged to the host-brother from last year or not. I had the sad duty to inform Kim that our empanada stands appear to have disappeared from their former locations in Toulouse. She’s planning a trip during part of April break down there and to the Pyrénées. I’m quite jealous, as I don’t know if my family will have time to visit the mountains when we visit the South in May. I hope so but we’ll have to see… I’d like to just go back to St. Girons or maybe Aspet, so that’s not as far as other parts of the mountains but still far enough. But the other exciting bit of our conversation led to the realization that we are both looking into Boston as a possible site for our North American relocations this upcoming summer season! How hilarious would it be if we both ended up in the same area! I can just imagine Kim dancing in the streets and singing in the rues of Boston and me being the incessant shutterbug! Speaking of shutterbug, congrats must also be sent out to Kim for taking two whole rolls of film while in Morocco, Barcelona, etc! Giddiness incites rambling babble… apologies to anyone brave enough to read this and attempt to make sense of it! :) The train down there is a bit complicated though Kim suggested just going to Geneva and taking the bus from there to St. Julien. I’ll just have to see what I can find, this week though as I might be able to still catch a Prem price. I’m just so excited to travel, especially to go see a friend! Well off to work on taxes, but before going, who’s free to go to Prague etc between the 17th-ish and 29th April??? Though I hear it’s a good city to visit on your own also! Well, ciao!

No comments: