Monday, November 14, 2005

A phone conversation with Kim last night has left me with a plethora of emotions. Her initial return phone call came on Saturday night- in response to a message I'd left the previous week- and coming as it did on my birthday, even without her recalling such, was a happy event. Our conversation when we finally caught up was great. We discussed the usual topics of re-adjustment, memories, the riots, discipline, emails from Erin, and The Next Step. That mainly dominated our conversation and our nostalgie. We didn't initially find ourselves in similar situations, this summer or right after our returns to the States. However, we are now in remarkedly similar positions of re-evaluating and working towards our new goals. We also find that we're experiencing many of the same emotions. So it was a productive and rewarding phone call.

The only down moment was this evening, as I was finishing up a promised French mix cd for Kim while searching for some photos I'd also promised to send, I found some photos from Toulouse. And the emotions and nostalgie just washed over me. A stupid reaction to French music and happy French memories, but it happened anyway. I do miss that group in Toulouse though; even with our crazy group dynamics, it was just so exhilirating.

But seriously, where is my next adventure!? As MC Solaar says, "La vie n'est qu'un moment."

No comments: