Monday, January 23, 2006

January is quickly coming to a close and I'm quite bummed about the lack of lychee in my diet. It's a newly foreign idea to me; January without lychee, how does that happen?



I had a conversation tonight with someone who told me they had seven televisions in their house- there are only four or five people in the house. It amazes me that one house can have more tv's than people. Coming from a household that only ever had one, and only in color for the last 13 years, it astounds me. And for all the time we don't have the television on, it makes the most sense to have only one. It's really a personal choice, but what's the use of seven tv's? What purpose does having the tv's in various rooms accomplish, other than a constant distraction? It confuses me greatly; especially knowing as I do, that'll probably be another five or six years before I contemplate buying my own- if even that soon. Perhaps it would be sooner, if I were ever to live in my own space- but I think it would mostly be for watching videos or the news- until then, my computer is fine enough for watching movies when I have the time. I guess in other words, don't be adding a television to my wish/Christmas list- just stick with the Wigwam socks.

No comments: