Sunday, January 01, 2006

Louise phoned today! She is home for a bit, which is exciting as she hadn't thought she would be. Her parents wanted to see her so they bought her plane ticket home for the holidays. I was just delighted to talk with her for a bit. She leaves Tuesday, as does Kristen and that makes me sad.

I know that I will miss my phone calls with Kristen now that she's going to be far away again. I could say we'll still chat from time to time, but honestly, after I came back during holiday 2003 and she was there still for the spring, we never phoned! It's just rather expensive. But I also know that my jealousy will probably over-balance missing her, so I doubt I'll be terribly sad!

I wish I could see Louise's apartment this year, as she's in a truly ideal location and I'm sure it's adorable. How I miss all the little hassles she's currently going through- as ridiculous as it is for me to say that!

So all in all, even though I had to be back in town to work at noon today (even though I'd rather have continued sleeping), the day's turned out decently well. My headache didn't last for too long, everyone on the Interstate and CR was driving nicely, work ended early (annoying) but I got a crazy big bag that was a Wedding Crashers promo (which makes up for not getting all my hours!), and Louise called.

Well I'm off to watch holiday kids' movies with mum and be productive on the whole grad school app front (this is the last one--- I hope I hope I hope!).

Bonne Année!!!

3 comments:

pheebee said...

Hey, Kooby left?! No way! I am sooooooooo jealous. Why are we still in the States anyway?

Katherine. said...

Because we are losers who: are finishing up law school (you) or trying to get into grad school (me).

Besides, what right do you have to be jealous? You're applying to leave me too! I think I'm the one left holding all the jealousy... or jalousie... but not the window blinds at least. ;)

Katherine. said...

PS. We have now officially broken my streak of zero comments... I was totally amused by the lack of them.

There goes all the fun out of my pathetic life now! :)