Sunday, January 22, 2006

what happens when you google yourself!

I recently had a necessity to google myself. And oh, what do I find?! SIT used one of the photos I sent in for the Alumni Photo Contest (I didn't win by the way- no return larks to France for me in the near future) on their web page about the France program, SIT Study Abroad - France: Culture and Society!
In case you're curious, it's from the ramparts tour on the Old City walls of Carcasonne. A couple of us took a fabulous little weekend daytrip there- with the result of many great stories! It's totally a tourist trap, but so thoroughly well done, you don't even notice it! And it's completely worth it, simply for the atmosphere, or the military butts, if you're lucky enough to be there on one of the days the local military bases lets the boys out as part of return to civilian life after their version of Basic!

(Patience, if you ever check in here- just remember, you're shitless! gros gros bisous!)

1 comment:

Katherine. said...

One more note, they also used another photo of mine on a different page of the program section.

Still wish I could have won something for it all though!